Friday, April 3, 2009

Course complete and I have an "A"

I finally completed my first online graduate class. And let me tell ya, this PhD work is tough. People think, oh, you're getting your degree online - they probably just let you put in your time and get your degree. Nah-uh. Not the case. And I, for one, am very glad to make this discovery, because with tuition, I want my money's worth. I want to have to work for that "A". And I did.

My final project was a 12 page research paper, complete with cover, table of contents, abstract and reference page. My reference page went two pages! I couldn't believe it. We only had to have 6 sources, but no way I could have made my points with only 6 sources. And when writing at the doctoral level, you have to back up everything you say with an article from a professional journal, at least in psychology.

As soon as my professor reads my email, and gives me a grade, I can get the hold lifted, and start class Monday, right on time for Spring Quarter, which runs from April 6- June..2nd Friday, around the 15th. I will have my financial aid around the end of this month, and I am going to have to use the majority of it for medication that I have to have to get well. I am excited because once I start the medications I should start to notice a difference in energy levels within the first month. He did say I was "very ill" and it could take up to 18 months to be completely well, and even then, I will always have to replace these hormones that my body does not make. The good new? After awhile I should be able to get off prednisone. He felt quite sure I did not have Addisons, but rather my Adrenal gland wasn't working properly because my thyroid and pituitary are not.

I spent all day yesterday going to doctors; two pain clinics. One, for my back, the other because I am on contract to only get my medication through them. I still don't have my Suboxone back yet, but I will. At least, I will be very surprised if I don't get it back. I had no idea how much it was controlling my fibromyalgia, arthritis (Lupus?) pain, but every muscle and joint in my body was screaming, and I hurt worse than I had in years. And what they gave me for it only worked once - the first pill helped, and after that, nada. But now I can take it 3 times a day for 60mg total, as opposed to 20mg at bedtime, which is how it was Rx previously.

And that is the news from here. I hope all my many readers are doing well. Next on the list? Get a moped out of this check; and that's it. A moped and my medication. That is it! I can't believe that once again a car is pushed farther into the future. As long as I am getting well, it's worth it. Next on the list after that? Get a social life. But that is a whole other post entirely.

No comments: