My class is coming to the end of week 2 in a 10 week course. They are just so intense because it's a 5 credit hour course, doctoral level,in 10 weeks. And I am so slow. It takes me forever to get something written that I can feel good about. And school online is ALL R & R: Reading and ...riting? Okay, R & W, but it sounded like more of a joke the other way.
I know I am stressed and pushing myself to my limit. The good news is that in the next few weeks I will have some kind of transportation; either a moped or a real cheap car - and they are out there. It's just getting to it and then getting it to Amy's mechanic. We looked at one this week, and then went to the thrift store to find jeans to fit me. I've gone from a size 6 in September to a size 14. It is very, very sad. I am a house again. A short house. NO photos of me, please.
On the up side; I was able to purchase my first month supply of medication from the new Endocrinologist who can get me well. I started today, actually - on progesterone, testosterone and human growth hormone (biomedical - actual human growth hormone). It is kind of exciting, but I know that I'll be putting out several months worth of funds before I will feel significantly better. But when I saw the Doctor last week he said he thought he could get me well enough to work in 6 months. We'll have to roll me to work, but I'll get there. Ha!
Be sure to stop by the Fox Family Blog to see photos of my wonderful grandchildren. I love them so much. And what is really great is that they like me. All four of them. It warms my heart that we are carrying on the "mammaw" tradition. That is what OUR kids called MY Mother. She has been gone now 3 years this past February...I think, it can't be just two. Hmmm. But the point is - It's hard to believe that last summer Derek wouldn't call me mammaw and Blake said "grandma, I mean mammaw" half the time. Katelyn looked right at me the other day and said, in her loud voice, "MAAAA!!". I say to Amy, "She's trying to say Mammaw", because I had just said to her, "Mammaw loves you very much, Katelyn Marie" and then she said "MAAAA!!". Amy said she says that all the time, and that's what she calls her. Oh well. I like my interpretation. Sometimes the boys slip and look right at me and say, "Mom.." and I just answer. I don't want the job: don't get me wrong. I do not know how she does it day after day every week. It is constant, non-stop from the time she gets up until she falls into bed at night. Even if I go stay with the babies for her, it just enables her to run errands easier, and to be with the boys more. And Katelyn, Brandon and I have a blast. The sweetest time is when I feed them lunch, they are half asleep, and I carry them up the stairs for their naps. I can't believe they are almost 2 years old! Look at her blog, and keep in mind that Blake comes about to my chest, and Derek about 3" shorter, and then realize how tiny they are. They start their growth hormone this weekend, I think. Today I think they went to learn how, and I forgot to call. I'm terrible about calling people. I have needed to call Barbara for days and I keep remembering too late. And I owe Lori a call. I wanted to call Amy tonite but didn't want to call late, and of course it was late when I finally got the phone to call.
Do go to A Tail of Six Foxes, and just look at the newest pictures. And yeah, one day this week, I look outside, and after being almost 60 one day,(I know it was that warm on Easter) it snowed 4" or more the next. And stayed all day. But it is so beautiful here when it snows, and Brent or Amy got some good photos of it off their deck. And it was AFTER the photos on the blog Easter Sunday! I took some photos but haven't even uploaded them yet. I don't think I've gotten a good shot since summer. Last year.
Well - I'm signing off. Here's to me getting WELL - well enough to WORK!!! I know of at least two places I want to apply. One is an alternative school, day program for "last chance" kids; teenagers in trouble with the law. The other is LDS Social Services. I can go ahead and get my license in Utah, but it will take me a long time. I won't actually get licensed with my PhD from Capella. I will be a "Doctor", but will hopefully teach - I hope at BYU. I would love to teach Psychology there, and have a practice on the side, helping chronic illness patients. Dr. Purser laughed when I told him, and I said,"what?" and he said, "You are getting ready to have a total paradigm shift where that is concerned!" - -because he can get people like me WELL!! Once I'm working, I'll bring Mary Beth out here and pay to get her well too!! Dr. Purser actually helped me realize I can go back to being a therapist when I go to work. I was prepared to take minimum wage job, because I didn't know how long I would last. But if the new medication (and supplements) do what they are supposed to, I'll be well. I don't know who is reading this, but if you scroll down on the right it shows how many visitors. So someone is!
AND, one more thing - I have zero self-esteem, or sense of self. I do not like myself, except as I see myself through the eyes of my grandchildren. Through everyone else's eyes, I see an old, fat lady who looks haggard, talks way too much, is self-centered and...through my own, I just see loneliness. The GOOD NEWS (besides the fact that no matter what, Heavenly Father loves me, and Jesus loves me - enough to die for me) is that I start "cognitive-behavioral" therapy this week. I'm excited. This person is supposed to be great, and works with ADHD - which is what makes me so discombobulated and makes me talk incessantly. And I can't get anything organized. Without the structure of work, and being so tired and ill, nothing is organized. But I just have to do school, or I will lose my mind. It's like a pinhole of light at the end of a very long tunnel. I better get to bed before I really start to cry.
Farewell, followers; until next time-
Kathie
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment