Well, I finally decided something had to change. My days have been pretty much the same for a year; before that, I spent more time in bed than I do now (and for the past year). It occured to me that the addage, "If you keep doing what you'v always done you will get what you've always gotten". In other words, my life will not change until I change something about it. So I have gone back to school...online. It is a school with a great reputation - Capella University - and I've decided to get a PhD n Organizational Psychology, specializing in executive coaching and consultation psychology. The great thing about this degree is that it does not requre an internship. It does require attendance in an annual Colloquia which is 5 days, 4 nights; student loans have to cover the cost of the Colloquia itself (a several day intensive course),hotel and food. But it will be very exciting. I'm acing my first course (so far) but turned in my first paper that had to be strict APA format. I hope I did well on it.
I hope to keep track of my academic journey here. I need to link Facebook to my blog, if I'm writing in it, that is. If Amy and Brent can do it, so can I!
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment