Friday, September 26, 2008

New Picture of Me



This is just a photo I took of myself so you could see what I look like now. I've changed a bit since I arrived this summer. I think the biggest change has been finding a way to get away from using prescription pain killers for my chronic pain. Once I found a good doctor, I was able to go off of them for good, finally - after many years. I feel sooo much better, I look at myself, and I look LIKE myself again after a long time. To anyone who is stuck in the cycle of taking narcotic or opiate medications to control chronic pain, I highly recommend finding a pain clinic certified in the administration of Suboxone. It still helps pain, but is not like the narcotic/opiate medications that are typically prescribed when you go to a Pain Clinic or Physician who is a Pain Specialist. If you google it, you will find a lot of information on DRUG ADDICTION. I was not an addict, but my body had become DEPENDENT on the medication I was taking, and this is a way to get away and stay away from pain pills. I just know I am grateful to feel normal again. For anyone who knows about the brain (not that I know much), it blocks the synapse completely where the pain receptors are located, whereas pain pills block the pain receptors and over time you (I) need more and more to achieve the same level of relief. After so many years, all of my pain was rebound pain. My fibromyalgia pain is like a shadow in the background now and when I was taking medication FOR it, (or so I thought) it was debilitating many days. It makes me feel so sad when I think about all the time I lost when I could have been doing something useful, worthwhile, or even being more involved with my grandchildren, visting more often. I should be able to go to work once I get a couple of localized pain problems resolved, e.g., lower back pain that has been chronic for 11 years. I know a lot of the literature speaks to Suboxone and heroin/opiate addiction treatment. There needs to be more information about drug dependency, that occurs with anyone who takes these medications for any length of time.

Anyway, here is a picture of me drug free for a couple of months. Compare to photo when my hair was longer and I had puffy,swollen eyes. Simply amazing. But then, I thought when I moved to Utah, I would find answers and alternatives.
.

No comments: