I spent today hanging out with my daughter, Amy and my four grandchildren. I had a very sweet hour this morning while she went to help Blakes (or was it Derek's?) Kindergarten teacher. I stayed at her [lovely!] home with the babies and rocked with one on each shoulder, singing to them. It was such a special time, just their Mammaw and Katelyn and Brandon. It is so rewarding that I can't find words for it. This afternoon I read stories to the older boys. All in all it was a delightful day. The kind I am grateful for, and so grateful to be living close. The boys play soccer again on Thursday, and I hope to go.
I guess I feel about them now like I did about the ocean before; I loved the ocean, and lived right at the beach for a year. During that time it was surreal, like I was living out a dream or a movie. Now I come home after a day like today and realize, I am here. I can see them whenever I want, I have a relationship with them and a bond that is forming that far outweighs any feelings I have for a particular landscape or scenery. This is the heart of life. And it is sweet.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You were so much help too! Thanks again.
Post a Comment