I went Thursday this week to help just for a little while in the evening after Amy had experienced a typical, but very stressful day. Sometimes "the babies" (Katelyn and Brandon; 14 mos.) will just scream in their car seats until she gets home. Sometimes they're hungry, sometimes they are just cranky. And of course she gets cranky. Lets not forget the twin 5 year old boys in their booster seats in the very back of the van.
I find that if I just go over and start doing what obviously needs to be done, it is helpful. Or while I'm doing that, she might say, "you know what would really help?" and then I'll do that instead. I enjoy working with Brandon on his gross motor skills. He can sit up for quite some time, but has to be put in that position. Although they are seeing changes, it's slow - well, depending on your vantage point. It's amazing what they can do with a baby in terms of rehab therapy.
Speaking of Brandon, a recent MRI showed that he did, as they suspected, have a stroke while in NICU. One of the many things he had was a line going to his heart and an air bubble was there - they knew that much - but the stroke had never been confirmed. He had a stroke before he reached his gestational age while stilll in the NICU. I am optimistic, though. I see his steady improvement in the 3 months I've been here.
I haven't helped her enough in the last weeks. I was sick; then the foot surgery, so it's not like I was avoiding her. :) It always leaves me feeling so good when I can lighten her load. So this self-proclaimed scatterbrain has purchased an organizing device! It's a great one too. It's not a white board, so you can save what's been written. There are 52 weekly pages, with post-its that fit in the space -300 post-it notes in 3 colors! It's the little things in life that get me excited. And it's a good thing. I am trying to live on disability and it gets harder every year.
I'm posting some recent photos as well. The boys started Kindergarden and are so proud of thier new backpacks. and are such sweet boys.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment